Monday, November 10, 2008

Time to get the plan in motion...

Tonight was one of those nights where I began to really think about getting a head start on "The Plan"...

The afformentioned Plan consisted of me looking at finding part-time HR Assistant work at the beginning of third semester, which would have been amended should an opportunity arise. While there are merely some leads at this point, I have little patience now and want to get out there doing what I am destined to do.

It was cemented by the fact that I was told that wearing a corporate holiday tie was "part of my job description..." What the fuck? No, it isn't... in fact, I was quite pissed when I was told this by the store's HR Director. Seriously... what the fuck? I haven't worn any sort of "uniform" in close to 10 years and I didn't ever want to do that again... to me it's depressing and if I come off as a snob, so be it. I don't feel comfortable in corporate gear and I likely never will.

Part of this resentment also stems from the blatant lie I was told and the rest of it comes from the fact that I am not seen by the general public and that the female receptionists are not wearing the corporate holiday scarves... so should I say fuck it and challenge authority or simply leave them in the lurch if an HR Assistant opportunity comes up? I'm voting for the latter... but opinions would be nice.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

My opinion would be that you need to go back and look at the defacto "mission statement" you published as the driving purpose behind this blog. Yeah, holiday scarves bite the big one. Nobody, and I mean nobody (not even holiday obsessed little me) wants to wear a damn holiday scarf at work. The point is you took a job in the retail sector, albeit behind the scenes. . .it's still retail, and part time to boot. Suck it up. . .put on the damn scarf and do your job. People threw. . .literally threw food and beverages at Michelle and I while screaming obscenities at us on holidays, for next to no money. . .AND while wearing the most disgusting horrible pants on the face of the planet. If your lady can endure that for 7 years I think you can make it through one Christmas season.

michelle said...

I second everything that melissa said as well as I will add this question, where have the big boy pants gone so quickly??? Possibly your original blog was not quite true?

Melissa said...

this blog needs an enema