Thursday, November 6, 2008

Be sure to... be sure to what?

... Drink your Ovaltine."

"Son of a bitch, a crappy commercial..."

Little Ralph Parker uttered that infamous response after sending away for his Little Orphan Annie decoder ring in the holiday classic film, A Christmas Story.

Well, I said the something to the same effect tonight when I stepped into one of the last Sam The Record Man stores and saw a deluxe DVD version that has a commentary track, documentary and more fun shit than you can shake a stick at. I got what is probably now the "budget" version of the disc years ago and am definitely in need of an upgrade.

However, I still can't understand for the life of me why Snuffy doesn't like A Christmas Story... maybe she needs a holiday intervention to appreciate it.

Oh, and p.s. - you'll shoot your eye out.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Well I don't know that Snuffy has actually seen the film. Some well timed drinks and you may be able to indoctrinate her into the pole licking, leg lamp, swear fest that you love so much!

And if all else fails you can always get Scut Farcus after her.

Stephen said...

Hey, all it would take is a call to Scotty Schwartz (who played Flick). I think his business card is somewhere in the garage or the basement... and Zack Ward (Scut) is a pretty cool guy, he might be up for reprising his role!

Melissa said...

check out this kids awesome Hallowe'en costume. . . . it'll make you seethe with jealousy lol

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/Pink_Nightmare_Costume.jpg

(and the verification word for this post is ringu . . .should I be concerned?)

Stephen said...

I am totally jealous... anyone want to make me one of those for next year?

Ringu... that's just plain awesome. I'd love to see manky as a verification word.