Sunday, November 9, 2008

Achieving balance

After months of manny-dom and lazing about, the transition to school and work has been a small challenge at times, but quite rewarding on some levels.

While the government still supports our oh-so-lavish lifestyle, I have to augment my income by being the "announcement guy" at Sears... since this isn't a true retail job, I'm not subjected to the tortures that some colleagues receive on a daily basis, but at least I can get some laughs from bizarre phone callers who get upset when the "tablecloth department" doesn't pick up the phone.

The work isn't exactly challenging or making the best use of my skills, but waiting for the phone to ring or five minutes to be up between announcements can be a bit tiresome. The fact that I almost said "pimping" instead of "primping" the other day was quite funny, but I have to resist the urge to "accidentally" slip something subversive into an announcement (at least for the time being). However, many of the staff members are nice people and have been complimentary of my auditory skills, so it's all good.

There is a downside, though, as I am a lot more tired than I expected to be. It's not the end of the world, but I can't wait to be done with school and move on to a great HR job. If Guen would sleep in more on her days off school, that would be a big plus, but it ain't happening. At least at some point, I'll be able to afford to take a nice vacation with Snuffy and even Guen and feel that it was well-deserved and all the stuff we're going through was worth the effort and sacrifice.

By the way, less than 11 months to go before the wedding... I find myself thinking about it a lot more and I'm like a kid at Christmas! Snuffy rocks my world, what else can I say?

No comments: